When she was just sixteen, Chrissy Anderson made a life list:
1) Graduate college in four years with a degree in business.
2) Get a job in the fashion industry where I can travel and boss people around.
3) Buy my first house when I'm twenty-three.
4) Marry Kurt when I'm twenty-five.
5) Move into a BIGGER house when I'm twenty-seven.
6) Have first baby when I'm twenty-eight. I want a boy first and a girl second!
7) I want my kids to be two years apart so they can be best friends forever.
At twenty-eight, she's been steadily checking off the boxes (as she mocks the style and life choices of everyone around her). Now married to Kurt, the man of her dreams, she's got it all-or so everyone thinks. Chrissy's trendy life in suburban Northern California begins to run amuck when she meets the much younger Leo, an unexpected man who makes her question just how perfect her "perfect life" really is. With the help of her brassy, no-nonsense therapist, Dr. Maria, Chrissy learns more about herself than she anticipates.
When the untimely death of her best friend catapults her into an overdue reality check, Chrissy scrambles to correct the mistakes of her past. In order to make everything right again, will she have to end things with Kurt or Leo ... or both?